Saturday, October 21, 2017

Beautiful Bow Lake


My habit of posting photos long after I have been back at home is obviously confusing some people, who ask me to call in and see them, when they see I have posted a photo from their part of the world. The excuse is that my camera takes CR2 (Canon RAW) files which aren't useful anywhere except on my computer, so I take them home, chose the best and convert them to jpegs for posting. This isn't a long process, but having the time to go through and pick the best mages can be a bit laborious. So for the record, I am no longer in the Rockies, but back home in Scotland, editing and posting images!

These are of glorious Bow Lake. Clicking on the images to enlarge them does a bit to add to the sense of size, scale and beauty; but obviously capture only a fraction of what it is to be there. We only spent an afternoon, overnight and morning here - but our while family cited it as one of the places we'd love to go back to; to walk the trail round the lake towards the distant waterfall through wild bear country!






No comments: