Monday, April 16, 2007

Someone Actually Reads This Drivel!

"Does anyone actually read your blog?". I have been asked this question many times and I have always replied, "Er...... dunno!"

Now however, my brother-in-law Simon who has a degree and a job in all things I.T. and nerdy, has shown me a free tool from Google that can answer that question. "Google Analytics" not only tells you if anyone has read your ramblings but puts the results into happy little graphs for you to enjoy too. It's easy to download and use, just register and cut-and-paste some code into your site/blog and away you go.
Much to my surprise the graphs show that some people actually read this drivel!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is profoundly disturbing - even as I type & browse That Hideous Man is able to gather information on my e- whereabouts, and even how long I have spent looking at aparticular url. Indeed he even can surmise who I am.
This freedom of information thing has gone too far - bring back the police state, or the Tories, or something like that pronto.

That Hideous Man said...

Happily it's not that accurate. I looked at it from Northern Ireland and it thought I was in Oxford!